Saturday, December 4, 2010

La Mona Loca 9/15/10

This is a short post for dancers.  Folks living in or visiting Austin usually don't go out to see live Salsa bands to only listen-- they go out to dance!   La Mona Loca is a band you can add to your list of dependable Salsa dance bands.  ¡Buenas épocas!

La Mona Loca is a ten piece band with: two mini drum kits, congas, keys, trumpet, trombone, upright electric bass..  throw in some maracas, bongos, (more) cow bell..  and some fine vocalists who either solo/lead or harmonize.  The floor filled with (partnered) dancers from the minute the band started playing.  Here's what I learned: regular Salsa dancers dance on the "one", and Cuban Salsa dancers dance on the "two".  Speaking of "two", I kept my two left uneducated feet on the sidelines, and I have no business writing about Salsa music just yet-- gotta school myself.

Dancers and non-dancers alike can rely on La Mona Loca-- they are uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment